Caithness biker forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyres

4 posters

Go down

Tyres Empty Tyres

Post  bigmac Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:10 pm

It seems everyone has their own favourites when it comes to tyres. I often look at what people have on their bikes and there never seems to be any trend or more popular brand or compound, so...

What tyres do you use/like?,
what ones would you avoid?,
What ones have given best mileage, been most fun, good in winter, you name it.....

I know it's gonna be pretty personal to 'types of bikes', 'types of riding' and 'abilities' but I still think it's wisdom that could be well used by all as I'm sure we've all had more than one type of bike and done more than one type of riding.

From my own experience, I've tried dunlop 207's and inherited Michelin Macadams and some Pirelli's on bikes I've bought, which I thought were good enough till using Bridgestones' Bt014's, which (to me) seemed way better.
I've used Bt014's on 3 different types of bikes now and they worked well on all of them. I haven't had any mishaps (once the tyre is scrubbed in). They have inspired confidence, felt stable till the end and worked well in the wet, my only gripe is mileage, or the complete lack of.... even on a 600cc bike 2000 miles was pushing it. I know I'm just bitching as basically that's what you're gonna get from that compound, max grip and low mileage, which is why I've now gone for Bt016's, hoping for the same grip and more miles.

Bridgestone advert over, now lets hear about some other ones......
bigmac
bigmac

Number of posts : 71
bike/s : CBR1000RR, Monster S4.
Interests : Wearing out back tyres.
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Tyres Empty Re: Tyres

Post  Irish Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:22 pm

I have usually used Pirelli Diablos and had great condfidence in them especially if the weather turned wet.
Last bike had Bridgestones on it, I was on my second set when they decided to stop gripping, you know the rest.
This time I have michelin pilot power 2 cts, so far so good, they get a better rating than any bridgestone.
Irish
Irish

Number of posts : 80
bike/s : '08 Black Fireblade, `03 Alstare gsxr600 (baby gone)
Interests : martial arts, bikes (doh) opera, women, intellectual exchange via cognitive processes :D
Registration date : 2008-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveC Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:23 pm

I've got Bridgestone 020's just now (They were on the bike when I bought it)
They're ok in the dry but I don't have much confidence in them in the wet, had a couple of unexpected small slides.

Had the 020's on my CBR 600 too and they felt great on it.

When the 020's are done I think I'll try Michelin Pilot Road 2 or maybe Bridgestone 021's
DaveC
DaveC

Number of posts : 34
bike/s : '53 Triumph Sprint RS
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  jo_fazer Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:58 pm

021's are excellent in the dry & wet
jo_fazer
jo_fazer

Number of posts : 16